Our Three-Day Workshop is a comprehensive tutorial as it offers the opportunity to make Prenatal or Belly Casts in a variety of styles. A small belly bowl or belly cast with hands of parents, as well as larger plaster bandage options. The plaster bandage option allows for creativity with colour, stencilling, adding bling and much more. The client may choose to do this part or you can transform this for her. Belly Casting Sculptures are hung in babies rooms and may be displayed on the wall or on a base. Colours enhance the beauty of these wonderful keepsakes.
This has added value for you as you will have a client ready to go to the next step and do a hand/foot casting of their newborn.
Children’s Hands/Feet casting sculptures are the ever-important element in our program. We provide models for adult and baby castings along with the full spectrum of the process. Safe and gentle materials for taking the impression as well as a comfortable and safe environment for our clients.
Quality Frames with acid-free matting are what takes our products to the next level. Learn how to order, assemble the sculptures and secure to the mat, layer the mating for an incredible display. Finishing the back of frames with proper hooks is essential for professional quality.
You will learn to create a Three-Window Shadow Box with a picture in the centre window as well as take one home to make your first sample.
We cover belly castings, children and adult hand castings including medallions, framing and display methods as well as samples to take home. Included is one Triple Window Frame used to display your castings. A binder filled with information on forms to use, styles of castings, list of tools and supplies and where to purchase items. All materials, supplies, and tools included during the workshop.
Whether a paying hobby or a full-time home business, training with a professional is important. Avoid costly mistakes of trial and error and start your business as soon as you go home.
– Prenatal Casting with model
– Two applications – a) small cast with alginate, b) large cast with plaster bandage.
– Plaster bandage design and decoration options.
– How to re-enforce both castings
– How to prepare both sculptures for either wall hanging or standing base
– How to mix 3 min. alginate using proper proportions and water temperature
– What tools and materials to use and where to purchase ongoing supplies
– Discussion with regard to operating a business from home
– Marketing information, list of wholesalers and ongoing support
– Adult hand casting using 3 min. alginate
– A Visit from Mom and baby to cast two hands and two feet sculptures
– Mother and child hand casting composition and method
– How to create Medallion and Free Form castings
– How to mix and pour casting stone to create “the positive”
– De-molding your castings – what tools to use – problem-solving discussion
– Create additional samples to take home
– Completion of all casting sculptures
– Preparing castings for framing
– What finishes and sealers to use
– Understanding framing techniques and formats developed by Life Casting School of Art
– How to prepare and secure the sculptures into the shadow box
– Finishing your frames for presentation
– Understanding acid-free mats and why it is important
– Presentation of Certificate of Completion from Life Casting School of Art
Please request dates and times through email.
Our schedules are constantly changing and we keep adding additional classes.
We adhear to Covid 19 rules and regulations. Answer a few questions for all our safety.
I will try to work with your schedule as we know how busy mom’s are.
Full one-hour to half-hour videos will have you practicing and working with me.
Stop the video as your working on each stage of development.
Receive full support as with our in-house workshop.
Priced Individually or as a Package. More information to come.
Register for pre-release of video’s and be one of the first in your area to offer this service.
A sculptural reflection of you. Skin safe water based material used to produce a rubber mold of your face with intricate detail. Learn to create an artistic mold and be guided through each step to reveal a mirror image staring back at you.
– Model provided or bring a model
– Casting face/neck toward back of head with ears
– Using quick setting molding cream to create a “bust”
– Proportions and temperature of water to use.
– Preparing all elements before starting
– What release cream to use on face and hair
– Discussing the pose and expression of the model for the sculpture
– Using the three-layer application – Comfort of model primary
– Preparation prior to using gypsum for sculpture positive
– When to de-mold and how to clean your casting sculpture
– How to prepare for mounting the sculpture on a base
– Drying, sealing and additional sculptural effects discussed
Face Casting – Creating A Bust.
All classes held in Brampton, ON. Canada