Our Three-Day Workshop is a comprehensive tutorial as it offers the opportunity to make Prenatal or Belly Casts in a variety of styles. A small belly bowl or belly cast with hands of parents, as well as larger plaster bandage options. The plaster bandage option allows for creativity with colour, stencilling, adding bling and much more. The client may choose to do this part or you can transform this for her. Belly Casting Sculptures are hung in babies rooms and may be displayed on the wall or on a base. Colours enhance the beauty of these wonderful keepsakes.
This has added value for you as you will have a client ready to go to the next step and do a hand/foot casting of their newborn.
Children’s Hands/Feet casting sculptures are the ever important element in our program. We provide models for adult and baby castings along with the full spectrum of the process. Safe and gently materials for taking the impression as well as a comfortable and safe environment for our clients.
Quality Frames with acid-free matting is what takes our products to the next level. Learn how to order, assemble the sculptures and secure to the mat, layer the mating for an incredible display. Finishing the back of frames with proper hooks is essential for professional quality.
You will learn to create a Three-Window Shadow Box with a picture in the centre window as well as take one home to make your first sample.
We cover belly castings, children and adult hand castings including medallions, framing and display methods as well as samples to take home. Included is one Triple Window Frame used to display your castings. A binder filled with information on forms to use, styles of castings, list of tools and supplies and where to purchase items. All materials, supplies, and tools included during the workshop.
Whether a paying hobby or a full-time home business, training with a professional is important. Avoid costly mistakes of trial and error and start your business as soon as you go home.
– Prenatal Casting with model
– Two applications – a) small cast with alginate, b) large cast with plaster bandage.
– Plaster bandage design and decoration options.
– How to re-enforce both castings
– How to prepare both sculptures for either wall hanging or standing base
– How to mix 3 min. alginate using proper proportions and water temperature
– What tools and materials to use and where to purchase on going supplies
– Discussion with regard to operating a business from home
– Marketing information, list of wholesalers and ongoing support
– Adult hand casting using 3 min. alginate
– Visit from Mom and baby for two hand and two feet casting sculptures.
– Mother and child hand casting composition and method
– How to create Medallion and Free Form castings
– How to mix and pour casting stone to create “the positive”
– De-molding your castings – what tools to use – problem solving discussion
– Create additional samples to take home
– Completion of all casting sculptures
– Preparing castings for framing
– What finishes and sealers to use
– Understanding framing techniques and formats developed by Life Casting School of Art
– How to prepare and secure the sculptures in-to the shadow box
– Finishing your frames for presentation
– Understanding acid free mats and why it is important
– Presentation of Certificate of Completion from Life Casting School of Art
July 12 – 13 – 14
July 26 – 27 – 28
August 30 – 31 – 1 Sept.
November 8 – 9 – 10
November 22 – 23 – 24
December 6 – 7 – 8
January 18 – 19 – 20
February 8 – 9 – 10
Additional Dates to be added.
Request a Date to suit your schedule
Full one hour to half-hour videos will have you practicing and working with me.
Stop the video as your working each stage of development.
Receive full support as with our in-house workshop.
Register for pre-release of video’s and be one of the first in your area to offer this service.
A sculptural reflection of you. Skin safe water based material used to produce a rubber mold of your face with intricate detail. Learn to create an artistic mold and be guided through each step to reveal a mirror image staring back at you.
– Model provided or bring a model
– Casting face/neck toward back of head with ears
– Using quick setting molding cream to create a “bust”
– Proportions and temperature of water to use.
– Preparing all elements before starting
– What release cream to use on face and hair
– Discussing the pose and expression of the model for the sculpture
– Using the three-layer application – Comfort of model primary
– Preparation prior to using gypsum for sculpture positive
– When to de-mold and how to clean your casting sculpture
– How to prepare for mounting the sculpture on a base
– Drying, sealing and additional sculptural effects discussed
Face Casting – Creating A Bust.
August 10th. 12 to 5 pm.
All classes held at 4444 Queen St. Niagara Falls On.
Acrylic paints are thinned to the point where they will pour in a fluid stream, from a cup onto a canvas, tile or paper. Terms such as “flip cup” or “dirty pour” refer to layering various color paints in a large plastic cup with additives like silicone and then pouring or flipping onto the canvas. The creation of “cells” from additives are highly desirable when working in this medium. Proper preparation is necessary as this method can get a bit messy. But it’s pure enjoyment and childlike freedom as we work with this medium. Layering paints in a single cup would seem odd, but wait till you see the results.
Paints and materials included for class. Take your work home that evening.
July 9 7 – 9 pm
July 16 7 – 9 pm.
All classes held at 4444 Queen St. Niagara Falls ON.
Join our Meetup.com group or call to get more details.
Another surprising method of painting in a unique style, especially for beginners.
Bold colors that move across the canvas creating a variety of cells.
Register Your Meetup’s and make your social and business functions more fun.
A variety of Canvas sizes will be used for practice.
Take home your work after class.
What is silver clay? A product made from metal powders mixed with nontoxic binders and water. Metal clay can be shaped just like soft clay and is pliable till fired. A perfect medium to take fingerprint impressions to create pendants, necklaces or key-chains. In this class you will learn how to work with this material from start to finish. Additional classes for more advanced techniques will be available.
In this class you will learn:
– Silver clay for fingerprint impression
– The nature and properties of silver clay and other metal clays
– How to condition the clay and how to keep it moist and ready to use
– Introduction to all tools and their uses
– The various stages to create a piece of jewelry clay stage, use of texture mats, drying process, refining techniques, firing and polishing
We will be making two or three easy pieces using these processes.
Inquire about a date that suits you this summer.
Classes held at 4444 Queen St. Niagara Falls On.
Price based on small groups.
You will be hooked on the professional looking silver jewelry you can make with silver clay. Great to make children’s fingerprint impressions as charms or chains.
Additional Silver Clay Available for Purchase – 5 and 10 grams
Full day workshops available for more advanced classes and may be incorporated into our 3 Day Workshop.
Class will include